The Tonica Grade School Foundation is seeking 1 new member. If you are interested or want to know more, contact Regina Leffelman, 815-257-3493.
The Tonica Grade School Foundation meets three times during the school year; twice in the Fall and once in Spring.
How the Foundation Works
We raise funds in the community and make grants to principals, teachers, clubs and students. We work with the PTC, principal, teachers and clubs to identify the areas that need our support. The Tonica Grade School Foundation has two main goals:
- To support programs that enhance the academic, social, and career development of every student in the Tonica Community Consolidated School District.
- To encourage community support for Tonica Grade School.
Recent Foundation Grant Donations
The Tonica Grade School Foundation has made the following grant donations directly to the Tonica Grade School to support:
- 2020: $1,894.24 - STEM, Literacy and Math materials for grades K-8, Social Emotional Learning materials for K-1, Sensory Items, Foam Balls and Sport Spots for Physical Education and Tubanos floor drums for music classes
- 2019: $2,354 - Shared cost for Promethean Touch Panel, art smocks, RtI supports materials, STEM munipulatives, music recorders
- 2018: $1,269 - Elementary math resources, reading support materials and general music instruments
- 2017: $1,000 - Kindergarten, First, Second, Music, and Special Education classroom materials
- 2016: $740 - First and Second Grades and the Middle School Special Education program for enhanced learning tools
- 2016: $800 - Kindergarten through Fifth Grades enhanced Fast Math applications
- 2015: $2,854 - Junior High Science purchase of lab equipment
- 2014: $1,736 - Digital Microscope plus enhanced learning tools for First through Eighth Grades
- 2012: $2,600 - Purchased iPad charging cart
From 2012 through 2020 grant donations total $15,245
- Jason Twardowski
- Jon Janz
- LeeAnn Johnson
- Regina Leffelman - Chairman
- Becky Leschewski - Secretary
- TBD - Vice Chariman
- Alan Stremlau - Treasurer
- Chad Lambert - School Board Member
- School Administrators