The Tonica Grade School Foundation is seeking 2 new members. If you are interested or want to know more, contact Regina Leffelman, 815-257-3493.
The Tonica Grade School Foundation meets three times during the school year; twice in the Fall and once in Spring. More if hosting special events.
How the Foundation Works
We raise funds in the community and make grants to principals, teachers, clubs and students. We work with the PTC, principal, teachers and clubs to identify the areas that need our support. The Tonica Grade School Foundation has two main goals:
- To support programs that enhance the academic, social, and career development of every student in the Tonica Community Consolidated School District.
- To encourage community support for Tonica Grade School.
Recent Foundation Grant Donations
The Tonica Grade School Foundation has made the following grant donations directly to the Tonica Grade School to support:
- 2021: $1368 - Classroom instructional materials, foam balls for PE, literacy and math supports materials
- 2020: $1,894.24 - STEM, Literacy and Math materials for grades K-8, Social Emotional Learning materials for K-1, Sensory Items, Foam Balls and Sport Spots for Physical Education and Tubanos floor drums for music classes
- 2019: $2,354 - Shared cost for Promethean Touch Panel, art smocks, RtI supports materials, STEM manipulatives, music recorders
- 2018: $1,269 - Elementary math resources, reading support materials and general music instruments
- 2017: $1,000 - Kindergarten, First, Second, Music, and Special Education classroom materials
- 2016: $740 - First and Second Grades and the Middle School Special Education program for enhanced learning tools
- 2016: $800 - Kindergarten through Fifth Grades enhanced Fast Math applications
- 2015: $2,854 - Junior High Science purchase of lab equipment
- 2014: $1,736 - Digital Microscope plus enhanced learning tools for First through Eighth Grades
- 2012: $2,600 - Purchased iPad charging cart
- Regina Leffelman - President
- Jason Twardowski - Vice President
- Alan Stremlau - Secretary/Treasurer
- LeeAnn Johnson
- Lynn Anderson
- Sarah Briddick
- Chad Lambert - School Board Member Liason
- Jennifer Konczak - School Board Member Alternate
- Charles Schneider - Superintendent/Principal
- Chris Waca - Assistant Principal