2022 - 2023 School Year

With the new school year there is also revised guidance regarding COVID19 and school protocols.  The following chart provides guidance regarding exclusions from school for persons probable or possible to have COVID19.  The information also outlines mask wearing upon return to school.

ISBE IDPH Decision Tree - COVID19 8-23-22


Tonica Grade School Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tonicagradeschool


Parents are invited to complete the 5Essentials Survey: https://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/survey/parent/login/

Tonica School District Organizational Chart/Chain of Command

TGS 79 Organizational Flow Chart

  • Calendars

  • Cafeteria Menus

  • Pictures

  • Sports

  • PBIS

  • Directory Listing

  • Student Handbook

  • Teaching Resources

  • Tonica Grade School PTC

  • TGS Foundation

  • Registration

Tonica Grade School Sign

The Tonica Community Consolidated School District #79 is a K-8th grade district encompassing 59 square miles.

For a period of forty years, from 1868 to 1907, and before additions, the main part of this school house [called the “white school” because of its exterior color] was built in 1868 and before that time two one-room structures were used on this site for eleven years.